System Split - F-777 System Split - F-777

Exactly what it needs to be.

I can't really say this song does anything new or creative, but for what it is it's perfect. I would point to this song as an excellent example of the genre. Definitely deserves its high rating on the site. -Ronin

Generic Crappy Club Song Generic Crappy Club Song

Nice spoof

What I love about it is, even though it's so crappy and generic (yeah, I could see lots of the transitions and such coming too) it's still good. It's a well-done spoof.

EricFreeman responds:

lol, thanks. I also put in the generic kick snare kick snare drum beat in the beginning and the end for way too long because I always found that annoying in club songs.

Oregon Trek Oregon Trek

Clever

See, this is genius. It's so atmospheric and mellow, then falls apart into chaos at the end. I love it! Thanks for sharing. -N

EricFreeman responds:

No, thank you for listening and not zero bombing like everyone else. :3

Lithorph - Mastering Test Lithorph - Mastering Test

Ack!

See, this is BRILLIANT. But far, far, far, too short. It seems just as I'm really getting into it, it just ends on me. -N

It goes Up & Down It goes Up & Down

Smooth

Nice. Has a very smooth flow to it; very listenable and well-balanced. Thanks for sharing! -N

Repentance [TSR] Repentance [TSR]

Strong composition, weak performance

I really like the song itself; it's well-written. My only complaint is that it would sound much better performed on piano. The lack of dynamics makes it sound flat and a bit lifeless.

Good job on the writing, though. Thanks for sharing it.

ShatterTheSky22 responds:

Well, it is a piano instrument, did you mean like an actual piano?
And I can agree with you to an extent, it's hard to bring life to a piece like this, but I think considering the capabilities of FL Keys, it's not too bad. Haha

Thank you for the score and review, and I'm glad you enjoyed the composition.

[TSR Audio]

Trippin' Back Trippin' Back

Deliciious!

Mmm, creamy chocolate with hints of cinnamon and ginger.

It's simple, but has enough going for it to carry itself without needing to be complex. I love it.

I think you're mixing it too heavily on the bass, though. I love bass, but prefer to crank it myself.

treyhaur responds:

Creamy chocolate with hints of cinnamon and ginger... So it sounds sweet as all hell? Lol, yeah not a real complex piece but I always felt it maybe a little to simple (though I am quite happy with some aspects of this track).

I have noticed many of my tracks getting comments about too much bass. The problem may be the speakers I'm monitoring with. I use a Logitech 2.1 with a very punchy subwoofer. And with this very punchy subwoofer, I can't resist shaking the holy living hell out of my walls. On my next project, I'll remind myself that I should dial down the bass so my listeners can crank the bass as they wish and not as I wish :)

Thanks for the review! Glad you enjoyed the track!

Horse Won't Die(Guitar Solo) Horse Won't Die(Guitar Solo)

Great work, but a few weaknesses.

I'm not generally into long guitar solos, but I found that very soothing and sexy background music. It didn't really feel like seven minutes at all- I could see myself putting on an album of this to paint to. Or make out to. Or smoke a joint and chill out sixties-style.

My criticisms? Well, the guitar was great (excellent playing!), and the drums were great, and mostly they went well together but I felt that the guitar could have matched the occasional intensity of the drums better. And that xylophone-like instrument in the background? I honestly paused the song at one point because I thought that I must have another song going in another tab somewhere. It didn't jive at all. Overall, the elements of the song didn't really come together for me. It would have worked better without the backing track.

It's always nice to see someone doing something different though, and I'll be checking out your other work as well. Thanks for sharing!

-I

CosmicAlfonzo responds:

Though I didn't make the backing track to this(It is a Zappa composition), the vibraphone part creates a nice rhythmic contrast. The point of it is when you are improvising, you have multiple layers of rhythm to work off of. If you are listening to the music around you while improvising(which you should be), you feed off of these rhythms sub-consciously.

My playing is highly rhythmic, it relies heavily on polyrhythms, and mashing together weird combinations of varying tuplets. Infuse that all into the blues, and that's where my style comes from.

Glad you like though, thanks for reviewing.

The Carpathian Mountains RAC5 The Carpathian Mountains RAC5

Excellent!

It's got a beautiful, epic feel to it. If I close my eyes I can imagine myself soaring over those mountains. Thanks for sharing this, and good luck!

popraz responds:

Thank you very much ! I am happy you enjoyed the song.